I apologize for the dark photo. I had meant to get a photo of this during the day but that never happened. The lights to the left are on the platform and the red light is on the rear of the train that’s at the platform. This photo shows a gate that leads from the area near the bus loop at Shady Grove to a supposedly secure area behind (north of) the platform and into the train yard. It was left open for weeks after some track work was done. It is just a few feet from the “Osama Gate” that is the subject of another post. Metro spent millions of dollars of Homeland Security money on perimeter alarms, cameras, secure turnstiles like the Osama Gate, extra fencing, etc, and then left a gate open for weeks. Hundreds of Metro employees and management personnel walk past this gate every day, including Safety Dept. personnel, Transit Police, middle management, supervisors, etc. [Note — this has since been corrected. I would not publicize it if it were still open].
Join us on Facebook
- Recent derailment reminiscent of Bethesda double derailment several years ago
- Two Year Anniversary of the deaths of Jeff Garrard & Sung Oh
- Metro Admits Liability for June 22, 2009 Wreck
- Overtime Limits Part of Contract Negotiations?
- Excessive Overtime Causes Fatigue
- Cembre Connectors, Part 2
- The true cost of commuting
- The Metro Music Video
- Labor Day
- Forced Overtime
- The YAC (Youth Advisory Council) Makes Me Want to YackIn 2017 (FY), Metro says it spent $82,615.71 of our money on something called the Youth Advisory Council. Sure, Metro probably blows this amount by the minute, but Paul Wiedefeld, the GM, told taxpayers there was no more fat to cut. Note also the budget does not include WMATA staff hours used to support the YAC.It's unclear what purpose the Youth Adviso […]
- Interpreting Metro SpinSo Metro released its own "customer satisfaction survey" today, and the media gave them a headline they were dying for.OK. Let's break that down because NOTHING Metro says is the real story.First, Metro is comparing the recent data to a survey that was conducted during peak SafeTrack. If people aren't a little happier after that mess, it […]
- Larry Hogan Rides the MetroToday, to sign up Maryland for billions in new Metro funding, Gov. Larry Hogan - R(!) took the Metro, and Metro created an experience for him no rider gets to see.What a hero https://t.co/zdoWI1JcWM— Unsuck DC Metro (@unsuckdcmetro) April 25, 2018 I mean, how bad does a system have to be to get kudos for managing two stops? #wmata— Talya Green (@GreenTalya) […]
- The YAC (Youth Advisory Council) Makes Me Want to Yack
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.