I apologize for the dark photo. I had meant to get a photo of this during the day but that never happened. The lights to the left are on the platform and the red light is on the rear of the train that’s at the platform. This photo shows a gate that leads from the area near the bus loop at Shady Grove to a supposedly secure area behind (north of) the platform and into the train yard. It was left open for weeks after some track work was done. It is just a few feet from the “Osama Gate” that is the subject of another post. Metro spent millions of dollars of Homeland Security money on perimeter alarms, cameras, secure turnstiles like the Osama Gate, extra fencing, etc, and then left a gate open for weeks. Hundreds of Metro employees and management personnel walk past this gate every day, including Safety Dept. personnel, Transit Police, middle management, supervisors, etc. [Note — this has since been corrected. I would not publicize it if it were still open].
Join us on Facebook
- Recent derailment reminiscent of Bethesda double derailment several years ago
- Two Year Anniversary of the deaths of Jeff Garrard & Sung Oh
- Metro Admits Liability for June 22, 2009 Wreck
- Overtime Limits Part of Contract Negotiations?
- Excessive Overtime Causes Fatigue
- Cembre Connectors, Part 2
- The true cost of commuting
- The Metro Music Video
- Labor Day
- Forced Overtime
- These Metro Songs are AmazingMetro is testing three safety songs.They're pretty incredible.
- Metro Offers Free Techno MusicTo go along with your fare hikes.From MA:So last night while heading home from Friendship Heights Metro I thought someone had taken over the central PA system and started playing techno, but it turned out to be some sort of speaker error.But it went on for a very very long time, at least more than 30 minutes since that is how long I was there.Metro workers w […]
- Where are the Buses?Wonder why it looks like Metro is only running 30 buses at rush hour? Here's the reason.From Mike:Metro provides an interface for developers for us to get data about the system: bus schedules, bus predictions, bus locations, train information signs, etc.Every once in a while, some of the data goes stale, and we need to prod WMATA to reset something on t […]
- These Metro Songs are Amazing
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.