This photo was taken in the Silver Spring (B08) train control room (TCR) after the flood that wiped out a good portion of the equipment in that room. B08 was shut down for several days while all of the water damaged equipment was replaced at a cost of millions of dollars. This inconvenienced tens of thousands of passengers. What the mainstream media did not report was that it was all preventable. ATC management had been warned numerous times over the years that during heavy rain storms water was coming into the room. The only “protection” was a little pump about the size of a fish tank pump that was set in one of those yellow mop buckets and connected to a garden hose. It was pretty pathetic. Anyway, all of the warnings were repeatedly ignored and we all know the result. Was anyone fired? Did anyone get demoted? Reprimanded? Hell no! This is Metro. There are no consequences. Mistakes were made…”we’re sorry for the inconvenience”…
Join us on Facebook
- Recent derailment reminiscent of Bethesda double derailment several years ago
- Two Year Anniversary of the deaths of Jeff Garrard & Sung Oh
- Metro Admits Liability for June 22, 2009 Wreck
- Overtime Limits Part of Contract Negotiations?
- Excessive Overtime Causes Fatigue
- Cembre Connectors, Part 2
- The true cost of commuting
- The Metro Music Video
- Labor Day
- Forced Overtime
- Interpreting Metro SpinSo Metro released its own "customer satisfaction survey" today, and the media gave them a headline they were dying for.OK. Let's break that down because NOTHING Metro says is the real story.First, Metro is comparing the recent data to a survey that was conducted during peak SafeTrack. If people aren't a little happier after that mess, it […]
- Larry Hogan Rides the MetroToday, to sign up Maryland for billions in new Metro funding, Gov. Larry Hogan - R(!) took the Metro, and Metro created an experience for him no rider gets to see.What a hero https://t.co/zdoWI1JcWM— Unsuck DC Metro (@unsuckdcmetro) April 25, 2018 I mean, how bad does a system have to be to get kudos for managing two stops? #wmata— Talya Green (@GreenTalya) […]
- These Metro Songs are AmazingMetro is testing three safety songs.They're pretty incredible.
- Interpreting Metro Spin
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.