This photo was taken at Rockville from the wayside (tracks). It shows significant deterioration of the concrete supporting the granite at the edge of the platform. We reported this more than once but nothing was done for several years until Metro finally temporarily shored up the platform edges at Twinbrook (A13), Rockville (A14), and Shady Grove (A15). As far as I know, they have not been repaired yet.
Join us on Facebook
- Recent derailment reminiscent of Bethesda double derailment several years ago
- Two Year Anniversary of the deaths of Jeff Garrard & Sung Oh
- Metro Admits Liability for June 22, 2009 Wreck
- Overtime Limits Part of Contract Negotiations?
- Excessive Overtime Causes Fatigue
- Cembre Connectors, Part 2
- The true cost of commuting
- The Metro Music Video
- Labor Day
- Forced Overtime
- These Metro Songs are AmazingMetro is testing three safety songs.They're pretty incredible.
- Metro Offers Free Techno MusicTo go along with your fare hikes.From MA:So last night while heading home from Friendship Heights Metro I thought someone had taken over the central PA system and started playing techno, but it turned out to be some sort of speaker error.But it went on for a very very long time, at least more than 30 minutes since that is how long I was there.Metro workers w […]
- Where are the Buses?Wonder why it looks like Metro is only running 30 buses at rush hour? Here's the reason.From Mike:Metro provides an interface for developers for us to get data about the system: bus schedules, bus predictions, bus locations, train information signs, etc.Every once in a while, some of the data goes stale, and we need to prod WMATA to reset something on t […]
- These Metro Songs are Amazing
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.